Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Afterlife

"Who in their right mind if given a choice would choose going to hell over going to heaven?"
-Pastor Ken Whitten

I wonder about people. When I see so much wickedness and acts of evil around the world I still sit back in bewilderment. I can't understand for the life of me why a person would do such terrible things when the end result is a lifetime in hell. I mean do these people believe that once we die then that's it and we turn to dust so i doesn't matter how they behave? Do these people think that all they have to do is ask God for forgiveness and then they are cool, set to live the afterlife is eternal bliss in heaven? Or does the devil take control of these people's minds and hearts and soul to cause them to do such heinous acts? As one of my pastors, Pastor Ken Whitten preached in a sermon, he asked this question...."Who in their right mind if given a choice would choose going to hell over going to heaven?" The thing is, is that we are given that choice but people still to this day continue to choose to do bad even when they know the consequence. Why is that???

2 comments:

Gloria said...

i feel ya dude...i do. kudos to you for having your priorities in order. our society needs more men like you. i pray you find a very good wife cos you deserve it. everyone wants a responsible christian hubby like yourself.

stay blessed
xxx

Chidi Ahanotu said...

@Gloria, thank you for your comments. I pray that I find a good wife too!